Saturday, February 20, 2016

Rainbow Snippet - Body Language

Body Language is FREE on Amazon. This story is a prequel in my Apollo's Men series.

Although becoming the man's slave wouldn't have been such a hardship. Kas ran his gaze over Lykos again. The poppy extract he had mixed int the salve must have done its job, Lykos moved more easily. Kas had purposely taken longer than necessary to gather the supplies to treat Lykos' wounds to give himself a chance to study the man naked. Now he had to settle for what he could see.

Kas licked his lips, but he had already etched every line of Lykos' form into his memory.

For more Rainbow Snippets, visit the Facebook group.

8 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! Kas definitely knows what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed writing Kas. He is probably the least staid of all my Apollo's men.

      Delete
  2. Ancient world medicine is such fun to read about. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ancient world medicine was very impressive considering what they had to work with and the results they achieved.
      Have you read De Medicina by A. Cornelius Celsus? I'm a veterinarian and can say that the surgical portion reads like some modern texts.
      http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Celsus/home.html

      Delete
  3. I just started reading this story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you enjoy it. I had a lot of fun researching it. I only had the broadest knowledge of the Persian Empire. Had to look into their religions, words, and how the language sounded so I could make comparisons and contrasts for the MC's POV.

      Delete
  4. Very evocative of ancient times, using just a few words. Well done!

    ReplyDelete