Monday, October 24, 2011

Next Step

I sent "Alexios' Fate" off to the editor yesterday. I made some minor requested changes before the true editing process begins. Now my imagination has the opportunity to run wild. What are they going to like? What are they going to want me to change? The story is true to the time period, but will those truths be something our current time frame can understand and encompass? I used archaic language and terms because that is what Alexios knows. I'm pretty sure I kept anachronistic elements out of the story, but will they want them added to make it more familiar to the audience?

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case, but it's one of the things gnawing at the back of my mind. I'm such a stickler about accuracy, I would die of embarrassment, if I didn't get my facts straight.

Now I just wait for the next round of edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment