Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cinder Has a Home!

The manuscript I've been calling Cinder now has a home with Breathless Press. I don't have a release date yet, but will post it as soon as I have one.

From the Ashes
Cinder never thought that he could rise from the ashes of his life, but an unexpected encounter with a woman claiming to be his fairy godmother may be just what he needs. Finding himself flung into his very own fairy tale, she sends him off to meet his Prince Charming. But was the gown really necessary?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kayla! I am so thrilled -- this is such a great story. I can't wait to hear the release date!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I have gone through and made a lot of changes to the original manuscript. It's gone from 10K up to 22K. New scenes are just some of the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kayla! I've already read one book called "Cinder" (by Marie Sexton) this year, which was also centered around the Cinderella story, but I can't wait to read this one as well ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been calling this one Cinder for a couple of years now. But because of so many others called that, we decided to chose another title.

    It's a story of rebirth. So From the Ashes fits. Plus Cinderella is derived from the French word cendres which means ashes not cinders.

    I do hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete