Sunday, December 4, 2011

What to do with my lull...

I sent "Alexios' Fate" back to my editor in the wee hours of Friday night/Saturday morning. I even treated myself to a quiet little celebration last night.

Now I've got to decide what to do with my time. I'm really not ready to look at Alexios again for a while. I started a short story about a month ago and have the first 500 or so words of. But I'm not really feeling that one right now.

And of course, there is "Infinite Infatuation". The Samurai Champloo slash that started my whole journey into authorhood. It is a slash fanfiction with all that implies. It is also the first story I'd written since high school.

Having only read some amateur slash and a few m/m stories, I had never heard of POV. So "Infinite Infatuation" is written in third person omniscient. What some people call head hopping is a recognized POV in other literary circles. I wrote it just for fun so I didn't worry about things like passive voice. It's not like it would, or could, ever be published.

I plan on going back and self-editing "Infinite Infatuation". I will see about following all the recomendations for a publishable piece (ie show-not-tell, doing away with passive voice and whittling down my -ly adverb use), with the notable exception of POV. I will be keeping my third person omniscient POV for my fanfict. I'm sure the purists will be appalled, but it's fanfict. All my m/m pieces will be adhering to the romance POV tenets.

So if you like a good fanfict and can stomach third person omniscient, I hope to have the first chapter posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment