Friday, August 5, 2011

Taking a Break

I'm about to take my annual family summer vacation. Just me, the hubby and the kids. We're going to spend some time in the sun doing aquariums, rain forests, dinosaurs and water parks. We should come home with a nice deep tan when it's all said and done.

I won't be able to work on "Alexios' Fate" or the blog or any other authorly pursuits. I will however have my trusty Kindle by my side. I intend to get a lot of rest and do some reading when I'm not chasing kids. Translation: once they are in bed. It's been too long since I could really do any reading. It has taken me weeks to finish a short novel I've been reading by one of my favorite m/m authors. I used to whip them out in one to two days. But writing and especially promoting can be a tough gig.

I should come back recharged and ready to tackle the first complete post-revision edits of "Alexios' Fate." Mainly I have to make sure that I haven't tangled up my time line with the multiple revisions. I should have a fresh take on it after not eating, sleeping and breathing this story.

Not being immersed in Alexios' tale should make it easier to see the big picture and if I stayed true to the story line and era through out. Hopefully I won't have any problems there and can focus on verbiage and style.

Once I get back there will be more guest blogs. I'm looking forward to being joined by Johnny Miles as he promotes his latest novel "Learning to Samba," a story that I am really looking forward to reading. Another story I am looking forward to is Rebecca Leigh's "The Revolutionary," a raw tale of the the old west, steam punk style. She will be joining me to tell us a little something about the sequel to "The Outlaw."

No comments:

Post a Comment