Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Next Big Thing

What is the working title of your book?
Unfortunately, I don't have a title yet. I'm just calling it Apollo's Men #2 until inspiration hits.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
The original idea for the series was sparked by a photo of a half-naked man chained to a rock. A Greek temple and a trireme were in the back ground, so it made era and local easy to choose.

What genre does your book fall under?
Historical m/m erotic romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?
I hate this question. I have no idea who the current crop of actors are, much less their names! I Googled "hot actors" the last time I had to answer this. And this is what I came up with. I don't know if anyone knows who these guys are.
Alexios - a young Allu Arjun
Apollo - Freddie Stoma
I do know the last two, but I had to go find out what their names were.
Galen - a young David Chokachi (I liked him in Witchblade, especially the nude scene.)
Lykos - David Wenham from 300 (He was also Faramir in The Lord of the Rings.)

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Prince Alexios and his former slave, now lover, set off for Delphi to serve Apollo.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?
When I finish it, I will sub it to Breathless Press where the first story in the series, Alexios' Fate, is available.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I haven't finished this one yet, I've been working on other projects at the same time. It can take anywhere from a day to a month usually for me to write a first draft. But this one is taking longer because I had to stop and get two other stories edited and published at the same time.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The only comparable story I know of is Aleksandr Voinov's Spoils of War.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
The photo I mentioned above.

What else about your book might interest the reader?
The story takes place in ancient Greece during the 5th century BC. The world is exactly as Alexios believes it to be (eg the immortals and all their lesser brethren do exist). I am striving for a somewhat more modern take on Homer.

The following authors will be posting in The Next Big Thing series next week:

Deanna Wadsworth at http://deannawadsworth.blogspot.com/
Rebecca Leigh at http://blog.rebeccaleighromance.com/
Tara Lain at http://taralain.blogspot.com/
Kharisma Rhayne at http://itadakimasu-yaoi.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment