Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Taste of Steampunk Was Hot

The very first steampunk I read was also the very first story I beta read, Rebecca Leigh's "The Outlaw." I wasn't sure what to expect, but her story was kind of like the Full Metal Alchemist meets the Wild, Wild West. You know, the fanfict slash stories where they put Roy and Edward together. Only there was no magic in Rebecca's story, unless you mean the magic between Damian and Kell.

This guy always reminds me of Rebecca's Damian. I think she says that he reminds her of Kell. Either way, one hot dude! Two hot dudes when Rebecca gets through with them. All worked up, hot and bothered...

"The Outlaw" is all about how these two hot blooded boys met. It covers what is obviously only the beginning of their story. I wanted more as I'm sure many others did as well.

And I must say that I was thrilled to be given the chance to beta read "The Revolutionary." Let me just say that these hot men continue to tear up the sheets, each other and anyone who stands in their way.

"The Revolutionary" is due to be released soon. I will update the release date as soon as I know what it is.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you liked it, Kayla! I picked this up on my Kindle and havent heard any feedback yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed "The Outlaw." Rebecca's voice for this story reflects the spare almost harsh setting that it takes place in. Several of her other pieces are written in different voices depending on the characters and story line.

    ReplyDelete